The Student News Media Site of Oakwood High School

The Ax Media

The Ax Media

The Ax Media

Big Apple raffle

Initiative seeks to improve auditorium
The Oakwood Schools Foundation posted the basic information for the Fundraiser. “I am excited to see how the Raffle gets along and so far it’s going well,” Coleman Ott (9) said.

Oakwood Schools Foundation’s Flourish Campaign for Oakwood’s Performing and Visual Arts Broadway and Bling raffle for enhancing the auditorium has been going on for the last few months and wraps next week.

“I am excited to see how the raffle gets along and so far it’s going well. It’s a win-win when buying a ticket because with every ticket you buy, you raise your chances at winning, while also making a positive impact on your community,” Coleman Ott (9) said.

Ott is selling tickets and buying one will mean participating in a chance to win prizes as well as supporting the auditorium. Ott gets a chance at getting his name on a seat in the auditorium by selling tickets.

The prize consists of a luxurious trip to Manhattan for two nights with the flights paid for. The winner will get to see the hottest Broadway show in town with the winning tickets. They can show up to the production in style, wearing their newly won diamond earrings from Jaffe Jewelers.

“Maybe the raffle will help the auditorium get better resources, it will surely draw in a crowd,” Thomas Nabholz (9) said.

Nabholz thinks that with the right resources, people will come into the auditorium, drawing in people for the school events.

“I’ve done work in the auditorium for 20 years now, I would love to see the stage be improved, the wooden floor surface, the flys are systems that can raise or  lower something. We have one working, even having two or four of those would be a huge benefit,” Nate Thompson, who has worked on several shows within the district, said. 

If you want to buy or sell tickets, do so by May 20th at this link.