The Student News Media Site of Oakwood High School

The Ax Media

The Ax Media

The Ax Media

Jam out

Top ten concerts to look forward to this year
Music artists are hitting the road this year to put on once-in-a-lifetime performances for their fans.
Photo contributed by: Pexels.com

With the start of a new year comes new music, and often there are new tours to look forward to as well. But how many artists are going on tour this year, and who exactly is touring? Here are the top 10 music tours of 2024 to look forward to: 

10. Taylor Swift’s “Eras Tour”: Taylor Swift continued her tour last week, kicking off her first show of the new year on February 7 in Tokyo. She will continue her tour run throughout this whole year, with her final show on December 8 in Vancouver.

9. Olivia Rodrigo’s “GUTS World Tour”: Olivia Rodrigo embarks on her second world tour this year, named after her second studio album of the same name. The tour begins in Palm Springs, California on February 23, and her last show will be on August 17 in Inglewood, California.

8. Nicki Minaj’s “Pink Friday 2 World Tour”: Nicki Minaj will tour North America and the United Kingdom, as well as doing a few other shows in other parts of Europe. She will begin on the first of March and the PF2 World Tour will end sometime in early June.

7. P!nk’s “Trustfall Tour”: P!nk will be going on tour this year in support of her ninth album, Trustfall, which is where the tour gets its name from. It follows her eighth tour, named the Summer Carnival Stadium Tour, which began on June 7, 2023.

6. Adele’s “Weekends With Adele Tour”: Adele began her tour run on November 18, 2022, and is set to end this tour with one final show on June 15, 2024. Her setlist includes 20 songs, featuring “Hello” and “Rolling in the Deep.”

5. Bad Bunny’s “Most Wanted Tour”: The Puerto Rican singer is back traversing the world with his next tour to support his most recent album, which came out last October. He begins this month and concludes with one last show in May.

4. Mitski’s “The Land Is Inhospitable and So Are We Tour”: Mitski’s tour is in support of her latest album of the same name. She kicked off her tour last month, and is expected to take it to cities such as Los Angeles and Nashville. She will also take her tour internationally, with scheduled shows taking place in Europe.

3. Stevie Nicks: Live in Concert: Stevie Nicks will continue her tour run this year, with some shows featuring rock singer Billy Joel. Her run includes cities such as Atlantic City in New Jersey, with other shows taking place later in the year in states such as Illinois and Texas.

2. Coldplay’s “Music Of The Spheres World Tour”: The band’s tour run will include them going to Finland, Greece, and Romania, which is their first time in each of these countries. The tour began in March 2022 and is set to end on August 30 of this year.

1. Ed Sheeran’s “Mathematics Tour”: Ed Sheeran’s fourth concert consists of 116 shows across 4 different legs. The tour began on April 23, 2022 in Dublin, Ireland and is set to finish on September 8, 2024 in Larnaca, Cyprus.