The Student News Media Site of Oakwood High School

The Ax Media

The Ax Media

The Ax Media

Getting ready

OMUN implements new changes into their season for the next school year.
Photo Contributed By: Emery Knorr, Acorn Yearbook Staff
Getting Ready: Mattie Helmers (11) and Marlow Mittelstaedt (11) work toward a resolution Dec. 3.

Even though the Ohio Model United Nations (OMUN) season is over, the club is still hard at work getting ready for new changes coming next school year. 

The club will be changing their acceptance process for the 2024-2025 school year in hopes of limiting the amount of members in the club. 

OMUN will only be allowing the first seven nations who submit a well-researched and thoughtful resolution to join. 

These changes made by Katie Poppa and Heather McGlothen to improve the club. 

By implementing these changes, we aim to cap the number of students in the club, ensuring a more focused and engaged membership,” Katie Poppa, OMUN Coach said via an email to activity members.

So students have time to prepare over the summer, OMUN is also setting a submission deadline for their resolutions the first week of school. 

Though the deadline is still a long time away OMUN students are beginning to draft their resolutions already in preparation for next year. 

Right now we are starting to prep resolutions so we can submit them and then have them approved. We are starting to form into groups and countries,” OMUN student Abbie Saxen (10) said

OMUN is excited to see where the new changes will lead the club in the coming year. 

“Our goal is to create a diverse community of students who are committed to the work required for the process and are eager to participate in the Winter conference,” Katie Poppa, OMUN coach, said