The Student News Media Site of Oakwood High School

The Ax Media

The Ax Media

The Ax Media

Our scoop on the hoop

Students give their pregame predictions
Photo Taken From: Dayton Flyers Athletics
Nate Santos and the coaching staff celebrating after a win at home.

The Flyers post-season fate was decided on Selection Sunday where they secured a No. 7 seed, with their first-round game in Salt Lake City against the University of Nevada today at 4:30 EST.

Dayton does well at staying spaced out, and their passing is above average as they do well at feeding their shooters and getting it into their big men DaRon Holmes II and Issac Jack.

They have lots of depth in their line up with backup point guards still getting job done. But Dayton will have a hard matchup if they win with Arizona being their probable opponent.

Prior to the game, students weigh in on the result of the game.

Pullquote Photo

“They can make it to the next round with their shooters Koby Brea and Kobe Elvis. After Nevada is Arizona, which will be a tough task. They are tough to beat with the versatility from Duran Holmes II.”

— Matthew Hadley (11)

Pullquote Photo

“I don’t think Dayton is going to win because they are playing a better team with Nevada being favored in the matchup. Road games are also a big part of their success and with the game not being at home, the support of the fans won’t be there as much. The fans show who up to the games are energetic and excited to be there. The fans add another level of energy to the arena.”

— Michael Woeste (9)

Pullquote Photo

They’re probably going to win their first round game, the home environment is very strong, making it a lot harder for them to win away.”

— Bea Drummy (9)