The Student News Media Site of Oakwood High School

The Ax Media

The Ax Media

The Ax Media

Seniors looking back

Class of 2024 looks back on some of their favorite memories, challenges they’ve gone through, and offer advice to underclassmen

Pullquote Photo

“A piece of advice I would offer to underclassmen is at the very least, do something to go out of your comfort zone; get a little bit outside of your shell. If you don’t like it, you can always just abandon it. But if you do decide to leave your comfort zone like I did, you will find a lot more opportunities and a lot more people to make friends with. And you might end up finding something new that you love!”

— Evan Cicora (12)

Pullquote Photo

“A challenge I overcame was definitely managing school during the pandemic because there was a lot of stress; being isolated from all of my friends, having to spend so much time online, and having to be alone all of the time also added to that stress level.”

— Sam Kalan (12)

Pullquote Photo

“A piece of advice I would give to underclassmen is just to relax and not stress about grades too much; getting a B is not the end of the world and you can always take different opportunities and assignments when you can to get a higher grade if you want to.”

— Alan Sarle (12)

Pullquote Photo

“Some of my favorite memories at Oakwood have been at Harman when I was in elementary school, doing projects, and taking fun field trips. That’s definitely something I’ll miss most about Oakwood: the sense of community that is present.”

— Melisse Bretz (12)

Pullquote Photo

“A challenge I believe that I overcame was just becoming the person I am today, and learning to be myself no matter where I am. That’s definitely something that’s important as I transition out of high school and to where the future takes me.”

— McKenzie Russell (12)